Sunday, June 06, 2010

Something New! 


UPDATE! Due to popular demand I have updated to Sendspace, which seems after about two minutes to be a MUCH better file service. The link below has been changed accordingly.

In the spirit of trying new and different things, we are now embarking on another adventure in blogging, something I have been meaning to try for a while but which I haven't had the time to devote towards figuring out. Turns out that when I set about doing it, it was nowhere near as difficult or time consuming as I thought it would be - so chances are good I'll make a regular feature of it.

What is this Brave New World of blogging of which I speak? A podcast! Yes, a genuine podcast for your listening pleasure. Of course, it's not really a "podcast" in the sense of me spending a lot of time talking about this week's comics or whatever - I have little interest in doing that. I think it'll be more like a radio show, devoted solely to music and perhaps the discussion thereof. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it before, but I used to be on the radio. I was actually an honest-to-Gosh radio personality for a few years of the last decade, so this is essentially me trying to get back some of the fun of that.

Because this is still a new enterprise, it may take a little bit to figure out all the technical bugs. Keep in mind my technological illiteracy and bear accordingly.

But first, before you download, a request: call me old fashioned, but I don't like it when people scan the track listing of a mixtape before they listen. I can't stop you from doing so but I will strongly encourage you to resist the temptation to check out the coming attractions before you see the film, so to speak - let yourself be surprised, for better or for worse. The track listing is below the cut.

Here we go!


Please feel free to give me your opinions and suggestions for improvement. I had a lot of fun doing this and I think it might very well become a regularly feature.



00:20 - The Orb - Assassin 7"
03:56 - Franz Ferdinand - Die on the Floor
10:27 - Dam-Funk - Keep Lookin 2 The Sky
14:57 - M83 - Space Fertilizer
16:50 - Bon Iver - Woods
21:30 - Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy)
26:47 - Neil Young -Tell Me Why
29:39 - MGMT - Congratulations
33:29 - PJ Harvey - You Said Something
36:43 - Spoon - Trouble Comes Running
39:48 - Jay Reatard - There Is No Sun (RIP JR)
43:29 - The Chemical Brothers - The Diamond Sky
47:04 - Tegan & Sara - Someday
49:59 - Orbital - Style
54:00 - Yim Yames - All Things Must Pass


No comments :